Otterbein has partnered with leading organizations from the private and public sectors in central Ohio to create The Point at Otterbein University, a new science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) Innovation Center that combines academics with the business and manufacturing needs of our community.
This home built in 1911, was for many years the residence of Walter Shelly and his family. He was very active in the local Masonic Lodge.
Built in 1883, this building housed the Bank of Westerville, the only bank in Westerville for many years. In 1917, it became the University Bookstore owned and operated by three generations of the Morrison/Jones family.
Once the national headquarters of the Anti-Saloon League, the center has a new exhibit on World War I to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the U.S. entry into the conflict.
In 1872, the railroad came to town and created a building boom along Vine Street including this home built in 1875. Later in the 1920s it was used as a Presbyterian parsonage.
This lovely vintage home is also the site of Blue turtle Tea and Spice Co. and features an outdoor garden where English teas can be held.
The first Methodist Church on this site was built in 1838 on land donated by Matthew and Abiah Westervelt. That building was replaced in 1887 and enlarged in 1923. The current sanctuary was completed in 1959 and the former building torn down.
This was the site of hardware stores from 1892 until 1945. In 1946 “Mac” McVay remodeled the building and relocated his furniture store here where he remained until 1971.Westerville Interiors then occupied the building until 1998.
Built in 1978, this home is in the Temperance Row Historic District. The land in this area was owned by Rev. Purley Baker, second superintendent of the Anti-Saloon League whose home still stands at the southwest corner of Park and Grove.
This home was built in 1900. Henry Schick moved his bride into it in 1921. He was a painter and decorator who had grown up nearby on Walnut Street.